Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Monday, October 3, 2016

Believing Christ

Amazing week of General Conference... some amazing talks were given huh?

Yesterday we had changes. Elder Leiva will be leaving and Ill be staying here in Tierra Nueva and training a new missionary! Im more than nervous because my first experience training was horrible with E Camacho hahaha but Im hoping this one will be better. Its also a lottttt of extra responsibility already with District Leader stuff and training is going to be stressful. But I know the Lord has a reason for me to be with this new missionary and I will try to teach him and be the best example I can be. 

I felt like the main topics of General Conference were Repentance and the Plan of Salvation. Wow two incredible topics that have played such a huge part in my life.  President Uchtdorfs talk on Saturday morning was incredible. Do we take for granted, or take advantage of the Plan of Salvation? Are we sincerely grateful for the knowledge of the plan our Heavenly Father has for us? Do we take advantage of teaching and sharing opportunities with non members?

I also loved David A Bednars talk on Sunday afternoon. Especially the part about coming to truly know our Savior rather than know only about Him. His 4th point was Believing Him. Often we preach to others that Jesus loves them and you can be forgiven if you repent, but often we dont believe that applys in our own personal lives. As if for some reason we feel that we can not be forgiven for our own sins. I testify by my own personal experience that those thoughts are not of the Savior. He is always willing to forgive us no matter how far away we feel we have departed from Him. 

My final thought is from Quentin L Cook. He used a scripture in 1st Cor 2:1-5. Paul is speaking: ¨And my speech and my preaching was not with the enticing words of mans wisdom, but in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power. That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.¨

I often feel as if other missionaries know more doctrine and are better about knowing scripture or stories or whatever the case may be. Im not the best about whipping out scripture after scripture to prove something or demonstrate something. But I know the Lord has blessed me with a testimony as strong as anyones. Although we should always strive to learn more about the gospel, we dont have to be geniuses in the scriptures to be able to testify to others with the spirit and with power as Paul did. I am very grateful for that scripture in the New Testament. 

I love you all with all my heart. Have a fantastic week!

Elder Gurksnis





No comments:

Post a Comment