Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Monday, January 19, 2015

Build your faith and let Him be your rock.

Another solid week.  We baptized Molly and Milagros Saturday and it all went great.  They are some super special people who without a doubt will be active for life.  Elder Funes also had permission to go back to his old area afterwards to baptize two people from his old area in zona central.  That area is so cool and its kind of like New York with all the people!  



We have also been working with Kevin who is a 14 year old cousin of Dany.  He has had a strong testimony for years but his mom hasn't ever given permission for him to be baptized and its been a long struggle in that family because she has very deep Catholic roots.  She began by not even talking to the missionaries or acknowledging them, to letting them in their home to be friends with Kevin, to interacting, to finally on Monday night, we had a family home evening with them.  We watched the Joseph Smith Restoration video and shared our testimonies with her.  Everyone was crying just because the spirit was so strong and Kevin is such a special kid.  He expressed his desire to be baptized in front of everyone.  His mom was just different.  She just had a totally different look in her eyes.  She said she was sorry for being so hard on Kevin and she just needed some time.  So this week we have two visits with her and Kevin believes that this Saturday he's gonna make a final effort and we all really have faith that it'll happen. Not only that she will give permission for Kevin but that she will begin to progress in this gospel.  On Monday night before we went over there I honestly had my doubts, but I read Ether 12:12 before we left, "For if there be no faith among the children of men, God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith."  Elder C and I had been struggling to get her to budge at all so I had my doubts, but reading that verse changed my outlook.  Elder Funes and I had faith and it was an incredible experience.  He finally had permission to just go to church this week and I know its only a matter of time before he's baptized!  

If we have faith in Christ, anything is possible.  Since the time of Christ's death, man has put so many restrictions on Him saying that miracles and prophets and visions are a thing of the past.  But I know that with faith, God can do whatever he wants to do.  I know that God loves His children living today just as much as his children before the time of Christ.  I know that He has called a prophet for us today to guide us in a time of much confusion and wickedness because He loves us and wants us to walk with Him.  I know that Joseph Smith, a 14 year old boy, saw God and Jesus Christ and restored His church on the Earth!  All because of faith.  I have faith and know that Christ lives.  Build your faith and let Him be your rock.  

Have a great week!
Elder Gurksnis




No comments:

Post a Comment