Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Monday, January 5, 2015

Feliz ano nuevo!

I'm really short on time this week, so this is gonna be a short one...

New years was nuts!  There were fireworks EVERYWHERE and little mini bombs and smokers going off. It sounded like a warzone haha but it was way awesome.  Guatemala celebrates big time.





We have two new baptisms coming up!  There names are Milagros and Molly.  Milagros is the grandmother and they're pretty incredible.  Molly is the smartest 12 year old I've ever met.  Everything we teach her she just understands it and puts it into other words that not many 12 year olds could do.  I have no doubt that they will both be great and active in the church!  

I also hit my 4 month mark this past week and I can easily say that a 4 month span has never affected my life in a better way than this.  Not even close!  I love this work.  Although it's often difficult, I've matured, learned, and grown closer to my Father in Heaven!  No one is more grateful for that than I am.  



I'm worried and nervous for my new comp and what he will be like but regardless were gonna continue the work!  Hope everyone has a great new year!  Don't forget to make goals.  Spiritual goals will keep you growing closer to Christ.

Love,
Elder Gurksnis

ps. I got a package from the Smith's and a letter from my Grandma and Grandpa (Brand) today but I haven't even gotten them home yet and had the chance to open them.  But I wanted to thank you so much for thinking of me! I love you all!

Bringing a little Texas to Guatemala.


Sam's caption when he sent this picture: "Jimmerloving Gangbanger on the bus."


No comments:

Post a Comment