Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Monday, November 17, 2014

… thy adversity and afflictions shall be but a small moment...

Hey everyone!

Another week in the G.  I can't tell y'all how fast time goes here its honestly weird.  Pday (preparation day … each Monday) and then another pday and then another.  Super fast.

First shout out to my favorite brother because big guy turned 17 on the 10th.  I was pretty homesick thinkin about you but I hope it was a great one bud love you so much!

So I have a quote of the week this week jaja.  This guy Elder W is in our zone and he got in the transfer before me.  Hes such a good dude, but such an Idaho/Utah kid whos the most innocent guy on the planet haha.  We were on a bus to go to eat on Pday and he was talking about his girlfriend.  He shows me a pic and I just said, "yeah dang dude shes a cutie!" "Yeah, Elder she really is.  And she gets her braces off in TWO WEEKS!"  hahahahahaha Maybe it was a had to be there moment but I had to keep myself from crying laughing in that moment.

I'm a little frustrated with the locals now.  I can't tell you how many ridiculous things happen with them.  They all try to speak english to me and say phrases and sometimes its hilarious. Like we were walking home last night at like 830 pm and this group of gangsters yelled, "Good morning!" That was funny, but most of the time they just know English cuss words and they scream them at me. haha The other day we were walking in the street next to the soccer field and everyone stopped playing and came up to the fence and yell, "Hey Leche!! mauh muah muah!" Leche means milk............. so done with the locals. hahahahahah they make for good stories though.

I'm also so stoked to get the Christmas package my mom sent me this week!  Cant wait to see all the useful stuff I get in this one like the "LOCTITE fun-pack Mounting Putty" I got in the last one!!!! ;) Just kiddin mom, I couldnt resist though.  Hahaha

Not too much happened this week that was too out of the ordinary,except the beginning of the week was rough with my comp.  He's very hard to explain but he's really quick tempered and doesn't like to do anything not his way. 95% of the time hes great but the other 5% is really absolutely horrible sometimes.  We were in an argument and it was pretty bad.  I was seriously mad and I just kinda left the conversation and went into my room and opened my scriptures and the first thing I opened to was Doctrine and Covenants section 121 I think.  For those that don't know too much of the story of Joseph Smith, he was imprisoned in one of the most horrible prisons you can imagine for doing absolutely nothing but being the leader of the Mormons.  The Mormons in that time experienced horrible opposition to the point where many were killed by mobs and were forced to flee across the country in the dead of winter when countless members of the church died.  Not to mention the prophet Joseph Smith was killed by a mob along with his brother and many others. Anyways thats a huge story but I'll get to my point: I opened to D&C 121 when Joseph Smith was in Liberty jail. Joseph had been in this unimaginable horrible place for months and he felt as if God had forgotten him and he began to pray very hard and this was the answer he received, "My son, peace be unto thy soul.  For thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment."  It seems a little dramatic but me and Cano were on the verge and I honestly just wanted to go home at that point.  And when I read that, it's honestly something I'll never forget the sense of peace I felt at that moment.  I felt like I wasn't just reading it but Heavenly Father was really saying that to me in person.  I just had the biggest overwhelming feeling of calmness and peace Ive ever felt.  Again something I'll never forget!  (By the way me and Cano are fantastic now and were getting along great and working hard!) 

The next day, we went to Silvia's house to teach a lesson (one of our investigators).  She's read the BOM completely and knows its true but she doesn't come to church.  We have always thought its because she has problems with the chastity. And it turns out we were right, because she's pregnant lol.  But she was telling us her boyfriend left her when she found out and it was just some crap.  So I quickly had the thought to share that same scripture.  She started crying and we had a great deep discussion with her.  Hopefully this changes things and she comes to church this week.  I think it will!  We're baptizing Marcos this Saturday and Fredrick the next.  They're both awesome.

Anyways, theres my letter for the week.

Texas forever.
Sincerely,
Leche






No comments:

Post a Comment