Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Thursday, November 13, 2014

No letter Monday...

This is Kristen, Sam's mom writing this week.  Usually Sam emails us each Monday.  Which he did do… we got to email back and forth a little bit in the morning.  He said he would be back that evening to write his weekly letter… but we never heard back from him.  Needless to say, I was a little nervous about it especially considering the dangerous area he is in.  Did the power cut out?  Did he run out of time?  Did the gangs get him?  (Welcome into my head this week.)   So I've been praying a lot this week for him.  Praying that he is safe and protected and happy.  Praying also that I will have more faith and peace.

So late last night I checked my email and I had an email from Sam's camera (it has wifi so it uploads pictures to me whenever he has access to wifi) with some pictures of Sam smiling, happy and eating.  It was a tremendous blessing for me.  A tender mercy from my Heavenly Father who knows my heart and concerns.  I thought of two quotes this week that have helped me.

"There are times we have to step into the darkness in faith, confident that God will place solid ground beneath our feet when we do."  - Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"All men have their fears.  But those who face their fears with faith have courage as well."  - Thomas S. Monson

This is a journey for Sam for sure.  But what I didn't expect, it is a journey for me and our family as well.  We are learning and growing along with him.  I'm so proud of my son.  Love that boy!







Last week, we also received some pictures showing us his lovely apartment.  He said he couldn't catch any of the rats on film.  UGH!  Not exactly a clean freak, that boy:)








No comments:

Post a Comment