Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Monday, December 12, 2016

A Missionary's Christmas

This week rather than sharing experiences I just wanted to share this poem I wrote last night. It is without a name so far, but I hope you can feel the spirit as you read it. Merry Christmas family and friends!

Yes, how can I help you sir?
Hello, its me! Do you not recognize me?
The one they once brought Frankincense, Gold, and Myrrh.
Well, I am not Him, but Him I represent.
It was for Him, and by Him I was sent!

I know ye not, leave my house stranger.
You are not He who once lay in a manger.
No! Forgive me for you misunderstand!
I am just a messenger of He who was born in Bethlehem.

How may I know that what you say is true?
I have not once spoken, nor seen, nor ever heard of you.
I understand. Don't worry! It is for that very reason
That we knock your door in suit and tie this very Christmas season.

For although He was born, suffered and died,
He lives! He lives! He lives, I testify!
Though born a humble birth He is our King!
For He reigneth today for that grave had no sting!

We declare He is risen and guides us today
Through living apostles and prophets who show us the way.
These are the tidings of great joy that we bring
That He will come again, that great and glorified Being!

Our God loves us and you are His child.
When you do good He looks down on you and smiles.
He knows your troubles, sorrows and fears.
He knows when you are lonely, distraught and when you shed tears.

He knew we would sin, so He sent us his Son.
Another name by which we can be saved, sir there is none.
That great example and teacher born of Mary
We can one day live with, rejoice and tarry.

Although a cold night, I feel warmth as you speak.
I would like to know more of the things that you teach.
A hot fire I can offer you if you will please come in.
For this Christmas there shall be room, room at the inn. 






No comments:

Post a Comment