Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Part 2 - Week 2

Wow what a week. We had quite a succesful week and it went by fast and was great! 

Ill start with a couple funny things. Elder Cardenas is super skinny and he wants to get big. I gave him a few excersises he could do. The next day he was bugging the crap out of me and Elder Flygare. We got back that night and he asked what he can eat to get bigger. I told him my secret is... grapes... he went out and bought literally five pounds of grapes and he just pounds them down every night hahahaha I constantly laugh while watching him eat grapes but he has no idea why hahah

So this week was succesful because we taught 41 lessons in one week which was the most in the mission this week! We worked super hard and it felt great. We had 9 investigators in sacrament meeting and are teaching FIVE different families right now who ALL have super awesome potential and are progressing. Truly incredible. I am sad that changes are next week and theres a very small chance Ill be here to watch them progress. But theyre all pretty amazing. 

One mother in particular has been an investigator for quite a while now. We were teaching her this week and I felt inspired to tell her the conversion story of my dad. He took a long time to commit to baptism because he felt he needed to know every single thing about the gospel before he was baptised. There was apparently even a picture of him in the mission home and under his picture it said ¨Baptise this man and go home two months early¨. Haha! Then a senior missionary couple started teaching him and the elderly man told him although hed been a bishop and had held multiple different callings, he was still learning something knew every day about the gospel. He was then baptised soon after. I told her that story and she committed to baptism. Pretty special. 

My scripture I wanted to share this week was Alma 5:60 ¨And now I say unto you that the good shepherd doth call after you and if you will hearken unto His voice he will bring you into His fold, and ye are His sheep; and he commandeth you that ye suffer no ravenous wolf to enter among you...¨ I love this scripture. Although at times in our lives we may feel far from our Heavenly Father, he is always calling out to us with open arms. He is our shepherd and we are His sheep. The bible says ¨what shepherd having 100 sheep would not leave the ninety and nine to find the one that is lost.¨ If you are lost, he is searching for you. Ive experienced this in my own life many a time. Especially in this last year or so. He loves you and will always be ready to accept you back into His fold if you seek after Him. 

I love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Elder Gurksnis




No comments:

Post a Comment