Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Monday, August 22, 2016

Elder Gorksnees

Week three and my final week in the trio with Elder Flygare and Elder Cardenas is in the books! It was a solid three weeks. We had a lot of success and a lot of fun together. Two really great missionaries. Especially Elder Flygare! He´s from my MTC group and is going home tomorrow. 2 years is up. Kinda weird that my group is going haha
The change is over and as expected Ill be heading to a new area! Don't have any more details than that and wont until tomorrow morning. Well get to the office and they'll tell me where and who I'm going with and jump in a taxi and head out.

Before you read any further check out the pics... The ward had a ¨going away party¨ of sorts for me and Elder Flygare. They made us signs and mine said ¨Good luck in your new area Elder Gorksnees¨.... I guess three weeks isn't enough time to learn a name like Gurksnis for Latinos especially hahaha I was dying when I saw it.

Don't have a lot of time this week.  But Laura and Hillary are two investigators we've been teaching.  About a week and a half ago I saw their husband bringing down a bunch of cement blocks. I felt a strong feeling to offer to help. After I saw how much he had left I felt as if I might regret it, but two hours and a little bit of booty sweat later I was happy that we were in their house teaching their family. Laura and Hillary have been at church two weeks in a row and will be baptized shortly after i leave! 

Jose was another miracle who was just a 16 year old kid we contacted in the street. He and his dad now come to church every Sunday and leave at 630 in the morning so that his disabled dad can have an hour and a half to walk there. Jose bought a suit on his own a week later when really they have absolutely nothing. Dirt poor. His dad cut his long hair and shaved his two year long beard. All on their own. 

I've been blessed to see so many miracles in three short weeks. I cant wait to see the miracles in my next area.

My scripture for the week is John 6:67-69
Jesus preaches to the multitude of the sacrifice He will soon make. Those that will eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood will have eternal life¨. Many followers did not understand and found offense to this and left Him. Then Jesus turns to His apostles and says 67:Then said Jesus unto the twelve, will you also go away 68:Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life 69:And we believe and are sure that thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

As this world continually becomes worse and worse, I am sure that God is saddened by the turning away of many of His children. I ask you when you feel temptation to be as Peter. ¨Lord where else would we go? Though hast the words of Eternal Life.¨

I love you all! Have a great week.
Love,
Elder Gorksnees







No comments:

Post a Comment