Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Monday, September 19, 2016

Teaching Families

It was another good week in the Guat! Lots of amazing experiences. 

On Tuesday we had a multi zone conference and President Crapo asked me to sing ¨I know that my Redeemer Lives (Yo se que vive mi senor)¨. I feel like although i was nervous there was a really strong spirit. My zone came up to me afterwards and a few of them said specifically that it was like I wasnt even singing, but rather testifying in that moment that I know that my Redeemer lives. It was one of the most awesome things anyone has really ever said me. But I do know now more than ever with 100% assurity that my Redeemer lives. I love that hymn. 

When I came here, me and Elder Leiva basically started from 0. We inherited literally 0 progressing investigators. That was very frustrating at first. When I came here Elder Leiva had just finished his training and after about a week he told me that his trainer didnt teach him to work hard and they lost a lot of time just hanging out. They werent very obedient either. I know more than anyone that in training its never the new missionaries fault, so I didnt blame him for any of that. But I was somewhat frustrated that we had to start from 0. But we are truly beginning to see many of the fruits of many of the seeds we started to plant weeks ago. Our area has only had 3 baptisms in the past 5 months. Right now for the upcoming month of October we have two families that are almost certain to be baptised and two other men individually that are close to baptism. (Familia Hidalgo, Familia Lopez, Axel and Estuardo).

Im so grateful for the spirit that we are worthy to have with us each and every day for being obedient and worthy missionaries. God is truly using us as instruments in his hands.

¨But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom. But behold my joy is full. Yea my heart is brim with joy and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; Therefore I will not boast of myself but I will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all things. Yea, behold, many might miracles we have wrought in this land for which we will praise his name forever. (Alma 26:11-12). 

I know that I am nothing and as to my strength I am weak. But I will rejoice in my God who has made us instruments in his hands in the bringing forth of many souls to Christ. I cant describe the difference in the spirit here in this second go around versus my ¨first mission.¨ But it is a great difference. 

I love this gospel with all my heart and I am willing to give up any of my will to the will of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I know this message and this gospel are true. Plant the seed of faith in your heart and let it grow (Alma 32:28). 

Love always,
Elder Gurksnis



No comments:

Post a Comment