Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Monday, March 23, 2015

Long and rough week.

Somewhat of a long and rough week this week.  I'm struggling with my companion.  I'm trying to teach him what I need to teach him as a trainer but he doesn't want to learn anything.  It's just really frustrating.  And he's just  rude with people to the point where Dianna (my mom in the mission) isn't going to cook lunch for us anymore and where a lot of members have stopped working with us. 

Another tough thing was we had planned this big ward activity to do family trees for their family history and about 30 people had commited for sure to come but not a single soul came.  After paying like 60 quetz of my own money for supplies and planning a ton that was really super rough. 

As well as basically the ward here… I miss the leaders I had in my ward at home!  They are loving and supportive and sometimes it's very different here.  Ughhh its hard not to be negative but it's frustrating.  

But I read an article my mom had sent me a while ago that reads basically that the church is lead by all volunteers (we don't have a paid minister or anything… all the leaders volunteer their time).  They are imperfect men and women. Except His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, God only has imperfect people to work with.  It must be frustrating but He deals with it.  Therefore, so should we....

I really took that to heart and am really trying to apply it.  I feel like I've thought of some good ideas and revelation to start this week to help this ward.  Trying to stay positive this week so it can all work out!  

On a better note, I was able to baptize M on Saturday.  He has made a complete 180 degree turn in his life.  It's amazing to see how the gospel is changing him.  

Love you all
Elder Gurksnis

 Notice the difference in M's countenance!  This is before.

This is at his baptism.  So amazing how the gospel of Jesus Christ changes people.  Sometimes you can see it just by looking in their eyes.

 MTC district reunion at Elder Anderson's conference.

Missionary food.  Don't be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment