Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Week Before Christmas...

Well interesting final week before Christmas and a good one! I got punched in the back of the head by some boracho (drunk) in the street.  I hadn't said anything or looked at him but he whacked me haha I saw him run off.  Theres literally tons of cops on every corner of Limon and it happened right in front of 3 of them literally 10 feet away, and they just watched and did nothing. I kinda threw my arms up and said why don't you do your job right? I was ticked off but apparently it's a big problem in Guatemala and latin america in general.  Tons of cops that don't do much.  Whatever! haha

I cant believe the Mavs got Rondo.  And the Cowboys flippin won the NFC East its almost like I'm a bad luck charm.  If either of them end up winning the whole thing I think that would be the worst and best thing to ever happen... mixed feelings mixed feelings haha

Anyway I'm gonna keep this letter short Im whiped out but I wanted to share just a little bit.  Elder C is my companion and has been my whole time in the field. We were getting along decently in the beginning but we would get in fights from time to time.  To be straight up not trying to be a jerk, but yeah every time it was his fault we were fighting hahahaha and he knew it and knows it.  Ive been super relaxed with him and he just has trouble with his anger sometimes.  About 3 weeks ago we got in a big fight.  I was pretty down and prayed for about an hour straight just asking Heavenly Father to help me get through these last few days until the next change on Jan, 6.  Well Heavenly Father has more than answered my prayers!  Me and C are great friends and getting along great and Im really glad that we get to spend Christmas together.  

He's had a tough life.  He lives with his grandma because his dad left him when he was young and his mom paid a coyote to take her to the U.S. when he was 7.  They still talk but don't have much of a relationship.  He's mentioned a few times how hes sad hes not getting anything for Christmas. But because I have the most amazing mom in the world she sent him some presents in my Christmas package and i seriously cant wait to give em to him.  He doesnt know that by the way. hahah Anyway I'm just super excited to give em to him because I know hes gonna be really happy!  

And I'm gonna be freakin happy cause ya boi gets to talk to his family in 2 days!!!!!!

I'm just having a great time right now and December has been great.  I thought i was going to be pretty homesick but thanks to my buddies in the mission and the people weve been teaching I've had a lot of fun.  I kinda understand why its hard for people to go home now.  I'm definitely going to be excited to go home no doubt about it, but there will be a lot of things that I will miss about the mission.   

Short letter.  But just want to wish y'all a Merry Christmas from the big G :) I love all of y'all and hope you enjoy and cherish this Navidad with your families.  

One love!
Elder Gurksnis

P.S. I didn't have time to get back to everyones emails today but i will next week :) I wanted to thank everyone who sent me an email this week! Merry Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment