Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Find a way, make Him room, let Him in.

Soild week!  We continue to work hard.  Ana Lusia who was our most progressing investigator moved to a different zone :( but we got her in contact with the missionaries in the other area so I hope she continues to progress.  Right now we don't have a ton of solid investigators were doing a lot of searching.  This week we found a bunch though and a lot of families!  


We also got to go to the temple today and it was awesome!  Everything you do in the mission is just a whole different experience in that you're normally so close with the spirit and you just pay attention to everything more and its easier to learn and everything.  For example I think I mentioned it back then but General Conference in October was so great just because i was so focused on everything being said and learned and felt the spirit so much.  Its the same with the temple.  Its such a spiritual experience everytime I go!  







We had interviews with President Crapo this past week.  It was short only about ten minutes long because obviously he has 250 missionaries to interview this week, but it went great.  He's a really solid mission President and I respect him a ton.  He kind of helped me with what I was talking about last week with the question "who do we baptize?"  He said essentially its crucial that we have faith.  We read D&C 20:37 which is basically the "standard" for baptism for lack of a better word.  We are all commanded to be baptized.  But again if we don't endure to the end and don't continually keep the covenants we make at baptism, our baptism doesn't mean anything.  But this scripture says (off the top of my head because its not in front of me) if one comes to the Lord with a broken heart and a contrite spirit having truly repented of all their sins then they are ready and willing, it's our job as missionaries to look upon our investigators with more faith and less critically.  He used the phrase, "with eyes open more with the love of the spirit", and i loved that.  It helped me a ton!  

I feel like the greatest thing that my mission has done for me by far is I feel I have truly come to know the love of Christ.  I'm constantly comforted by Him in prayer and scripture study.   I just feel so close to Christ and continue to feel His love stronger and stronger.  This Christmas season is truly amazing and so different on the mission.  Obviously I'm so much more focused on the meaning of Christmas rather than all the other distractions.  One thing I've been doing in our lessons a lot this month is sharing the picture of Christ knocking on the door with no handle on the outside.


One Christmas song that I love says, "find a way, make Him room, Let Him in."  Christ's door is always open to recieve us even when we have sinned, because thanks to Him, we can always repent.  It is our job to let Him into our lives.  He is constantly knocking in different rhythms and tones trying to find the right one that will get you up to answer.  Find a way.  Nothing is more important than He. Make Him room.  He will comfort you and love you in a way that you have never felt before.  Let Him in. He is always knocking.  That's my invitation for the week :) And remember why we have this amazing holiday!

I'm so grateful for my Savior and His love for me.  Although I miss my family, I will continue to share this amazing message we have with all.  For, "No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light." (Luke 11:33)  

Merry Christmas!
Elder Gurksnis

No comments:

Post a Comment