Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

And He's Off!

The bags are packed, paperwork is all completed, he has been set apart as a missionary, and now we are headed to the airport.  It is hard for me to even put into words how difficult it is to say goodbye to your child knowing you won't see him for 2 years.  But as sad as it is, I feel at peace and Sam does too. I can see his resolve and I stand back and admire his faith and selfless decision.  I know he is worried, but he is putting his trust in the Lord.  As I watch this young man, who is still my boy, walk on his own through airport security, give us one final wave and smile and then disappear around the corner, I thought about something I read recently:


"He knows everything about you... He knows what keeps you up at night. He knows what weighs on your heart. He knows your longing to become something more. If the Lord can do great things with a single loaf, imagine what He can do with a single life." – "The Peter Potential" by David Butler and Emily Belle Freeman.


Although the goodbyes are more difficult than I ever imagined, I'm so excited to see what Sam, with the Lords guidance, will do with his life these next two years!  

I love you Sam, infinity and infinity and even more than that!  Now go change the world!











No comments:

Post a Comment