Matthew 4:19

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Monday, November 14, 2016

Ch ch ch ch Changes...

Well it was a good ride in Tierra Nueva (New Land). It feels short though. Ive got changes tomorrow and still dont know where ill be headed. I only had two changes here and im pretty bummed because i have some great friends in this ward and will miss our converts and people were currently teaching.

I didnt think I would have changes, but yesterday in sacrament meeting i was pondering about it and thinking how i would feel if i did. Looking around and seeing 8 investigators in church and 6 of 7 converts all there. A total of 14 people that were in the church of God listening to His word because we were able to teach them and through us the Spirit and Heavenly were able to change their lives. Of 140 people in sacrament meeting 10% of them were there because we were obedient and hard working missionaries.

That was an incredible blessing and feeling. So although Ill miss it here, Im happy with the work that we did to grow the Kingdom of God here in a small town in Guatemala. 

I remember my feelings of inadequacy I had when first being called as a District Leader and Trainer in a new area with my short time. I studied about it the other day and found the story of Moses in the Old Testament when he was first called as a prophet. He told God, I dont speak well and essentially Im not fit to do this. He later became maybe the most famous prophet to have ever lived. 

I know God gives us great callings because he knows we are capable of completing them. I do not fear where Ill be going or what ill be doing because i know the Lord has in store something special for me, just as He has something planned for each of us. Im not scared to take on great challenges because I know Heavenly Father is with me although I may sometimes feel inadequate for the task.

I testify that this is the church of God. The bible and the Book of Mormon are true and are both testaments that Jesus is the Christ. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that Thomas Monson is a living prophet today and his 12 apostles are true apostles of the Lord.

Have a fantastic week! With love always
Elder Gurksnis




No comments:

Post a Comment